Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland invites applications for a position of a Research Assistant (post-doc) in the “Adsorption” research group. The successful Candidate will take part in research activities, which are a part of the NCN (National Science Centre) research project OPUS 21 2021/41/B/ST5/02233 “Structure and Function of Protein Corona at the Nanoparticles Interface”.
The candidates who meet the conditions stated in the act “Ustawa o Polskiej Akademii Nauk” dated 30 April 2010 (Dz.U. 2018 poz. 1475 z póź. zm.), art 89. Ust. 4 for the position of Research Assistant are encouraged to apply for the position.
The successful Candidate, under a supervision of the project leader, will work on developing active nanocarriers based on nanoparticles for oncological and neuroprotective therapy. The project implementation includes extensive cooperation with research centers in Poland and abroad.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for:
- Development of active nanocarriers based on nanoparticles for oncological and neuroprotective therapy;
- Conducting experimental studies on the characteristics of the model membrane using a wide range of physicochemical methods;
- Controlling the effectiveness of nanoparticle internalization in model membrane systems;
- Control of the structure and function of the protein corona for selected nanocarriers and its impact on the effectiveness of internalization in dedicated cell systems;
- Archiving and processing of experimental data, as well as preparation of publications in high-impact factor journals;
- Handling bibliographic databases (eg. Mendeley);
- Supervision over M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.